Our history dates back to 1328 and our Royal Charter was originally granted by Charles l in 1638. Being dedicated to the preservation of stained glass and the skills necessary to produce this beautiful art form, our members range from highly skilled crafts people to those who simply enjoy an involvement in our worthy and important cause. We offer both individual and corporate membership packages with great benefits including opportunities to participate in events such as lectures and cultural events.

Chapel Studio’s work

St Mary the Virgin, Ewelme

The beautiful mediaeval east window was removed for full conservation in the spring of 2009 and reinstated in the spring of 2010. The glass suffered from heavy surface corrosion both internally and externally, requiring specialist cleaning. Several of the roundels had repair leads which we were able to remove satisfactorily and repair the fragments using resin bonds, improving the overall legibility

St Leonard’s Church, Heston

A two light memorial window commissioned by Mr Allen for his wife in 2006. The brief was to include Mrs Allen’s time in the Women’s Land Army and her love of Flowers. The Vicar also wished to include images of two saints, St Leonard and St David

St Michael’s Community Centre, Bishop’s Stortford

Commissioned from the artist Anthony Clyndert, who in turn commissioned Chapel Studio to work on the drawing up and fabrication of the window